As I sit here in a quiet empty house, just listening to my thoughts, I thought it was time to catch up my blog. The summer has been really great. I spent a lot of time with the boys and began my classes for my degree program.
I am in the last couple of weeks for my current classes and a few weeks before school starts for the boys. Vince is going to be starting his 10th grade year (WOW! I still can not believe it) and Gage will begin the 4th grade.
We did not travel much this summer, that is the first time in many years. I think with having a teenager you have to cut back on the being gone too much. They get so involved with everything. Vince is really loving baseball and doing well. I pray his dreams come true with a future in the "bigs". Gage is enjoying baseball too. I think he just enjoys anything that his big brother does.
How is it that I am so blessed with the two of them?? I am so amazed every day.
A lot of recent events have also happened with me. I don't even know where to start.
I recall about 6months ago or more that God really sat me down and helped me to see that I should begin to pray for the husband He made for me. I did , sometimes I do have a hard time being obedient but this time I did as He asked.
I had specific prayers and each time I knew that God heard and He would answer. At that time I never took timing into the picture. I really did not think about when or where God would answer. I just knew He would.
I did not really miss having someone to be with or being married per say.....I guess life was just too busy and I had other focuses. I know a part of me just trusted God to take it, and was glad to. After all look what I did with my life by making the choices and trying to be in control.
Well, here we are months later and I have never forgotten to pray and I have even ask that God prepare me for my husband. I long to be the wife that would give glory to God and would honor my husband.
ok ok ok..... what is the point??
Well, someone from my past has been brought back into my life. Now I could tell you that it was just wonderful from the first contact, BUT I must be honest. When I first was contacted I was really hesitant and questioned the motives. I was so guarded and just unsure. I guess that is not totally a bad thing, I mean who doesn't react like that when they speak to someone for the first time in 17 years?
I have very few memories of him but did enjoy getting to know what he was up to.
I have NO doubt that God directed our paths to meet at this very time.
There are no accidents in life.....only God's plan.
I have no idea what God has planned, I do not know if this is a man for me, but I am very sure that God did have His hand on our meeting and He does have a plan for us.
My best friend gave me the best advice, "do not be so guarded that you miss His blessings.".... I am letting my guard down and trusting my wonderful Savior with my life. There is no better hands to be in than His.
So many times in the past (and you know by reading this) I have clinged to God in the hardest of times and skated through in the "easy" times.
This time it is so different, this is a very GOOD thing and I am clinging to Him even more. He has grown my heart and life so much.
Lord I pray that you are pleased with me as your servant as I am pleased to be your child.
1 comment:
you are amazing! it's so wonderful that you are letting God lead you...I hope you find nothing but the happiness you has in store for you-because you truly deserve it!
Post a Comment