This week has been a tough one. Things have just been really going around in my mind and trying to get on track with whatever I am suppose to be doing with all God has given me.
There was great words of wisdom through John MacAuther on GraceToYou this week.
Then today's message delivered by Chuck and then another by Pastor Eric.
All came to one thing.....what am I not handing over to God?
There are a few things, but one in particular is my motorcycle. For months, even almost a year now, I have said the same thing over and over "if I sold my bike I would be just about debt free".
Ok so WHY do I still have it??
Today He answered that question.
Part of me was holding on to it because of what it represented in my life. That letting go of it would be me saying that someone had made me loose something in my life. That someone is not anyone who should have any power over my life or decisions.
But they did anyway because holding on to that "thing" just so I could say that they didn't make me loose it, gave them power. No more!
God's word says we can not serve two masters and with having debt, I am serving two masters.
So the decision that has to be made, that has been made, is to sell my motorcycle. To be free of the debt and more importantly the weight that it holds over me.
Part of me will miss it, BUT my treasures are in HEAVEN and not on earth. The word says where your treasure is there your heart is.
Now there are a ton of other reasons that it needs to go. Before I was making all kinds of excuses to keep it. They were all earthly reasons that I used to rationalize it.
Now its the exact opposite. One of the things I find is its attracting all the WRONG people. That there is this stereotype that goes with the bike and I don't fit it, but no one knows that until they meet me. I am NOT a "biker babe" , I don't smoke, drink, cuss or anything else that goes with that.
I know it should only matter that God knows my heart, but I want to give the RIGHT people the chance to want to get to know me and this will hopefully break that barrier.
Anyway, I think I am just rambling now.
Its time to break away from the PC and get ice cream with my boys :)
Till we talk again.......
No comments:
Post a Comment