Well, here I am sitting down to jot my thoughts down, chilly fall night and a few minutes to myself.
There is much going on in this head of mine, just not sure where to start with it all.
I have to say that I have spent so much time in North Carolina lately and it just makes me so "homesick". I am really trying to be patient and listen to God and not answer things for myself.
I really want to do what God wants me to, I REALLY do. I just find myself so in a hurry sometimes.
I got to visit/talk with a new person in my life recently. He and I decided that as much as we enjoy getting to know each other, the timing is wrong. He had talked about slowing down as I talked about stopping all together. End result, I spent much time in prayer and God flat out said, let it go for now and trust me, you can get back in touch in 8months. Now I have NO idea why the 8months, and I even prayed more to be sure and He was clear. 8months and between now and then, no contact. This man and his children need healing time and I have something to learn in the process. I know one thing I am going to be learning....patience!
Who am I to question what God wants me to do though. It is tough I have to admit, I mean this guy is just everything I am looking for (well from what I have had a chance to know anyway) and there is nothing outside the timing that is wrong(again just so far....I mean I know I cant know that now). But I will be obedient and know there is a reason.
I do wonder if he thinks the same of me, does he think there is a possibility of anything? am I memorable? Do I check off his "list" of what he would look for?
I know at this point in his grieving process, he can't possibly even know what he thinks. I do remember I didn't when I was in his shoes. So I want to be fair to him and not even put him in a place to answer those questions.
I just know I need to be in The Word and praying to get through each stage of my life right now.
I am beginning a study in Esther, I am excited to see what God has to show me.
I am going to head to bed for now, not much else on my mind to write.
I know one question I would like to talk with God about..."Father how will I know when I find "the one"?"
No comments:
Post a Comment