“God‘s promises are meant to move and motivate us. They are meant to instill hope. They are meant to give us courage. They are meant to defeat feelings of loneliness, inability, and fear. They are meant to give us peace when things around us are chaotic and confusing. God‘s promises are meant to blow your mind and settle your heart. They are his gifts of Grace to you. In your heart of hearts, you know you could never have earned the riches that he pours down on you. His promises are meant to leave you in awe of him and in wonder at the glory of his grace. His promises are designed to be the way that you interpret and make sense of your life.” David Paul Tripp
Oh how I’ve misplaced my awe of God and all He deserves. He is good and more than I will ever need. He has promised so much but yet I have gone to a place of complaining that I’ve not received what He’s promised. What a lie! I’ve been given so much more than I will or could ever deserve. His grace alone deserves all of my awe. Bowing down, full humility, gut wrenching, heart torn awe!
How could I ever think He would abandon me, forget me, forget His promises, or not put me where I should be.
Lord forgive my unbelief, my rebellious heart. Instill in me a mind blowing awe of all that you are. Give me a spirit of obedience to follow anywhere you lead. Knowing you, The Creator of all things, go before me and fight for me. Your daughter, your priceless treasure, your child, the one you love.
No comments:
Post a Comment