As I spent the day cleaning and just listening to great worship music, the words that I sang really spoke to my heart and mind. I think just time away from the worries of work and life just seem to open up ones heart/mind.
I realized today that what needs to take priority in my life right now is forgiveness.
Complete, unconditional forgiveness. The true grace that Jesus gave and expects us to give.
I have held on to my pride long enough and though it will be painful, there is nothing I want more that hear the words "well done" from my heavenly Father.
So today I pray to begin that walk towards grace of two people in my life that need it from me. To know that to expect the lost to see Christ in me, than I must be what Christ expects me to be.
Jesus take my hand and guide me through this because I can not do it alone. I know you will never leave my side and that you want all that I can give you. I trust you with this.
Help me to let go of my pride and see your face.
God have mercy on those that I seek to forgive, bless them and Lord help them to seek you.
In Jesus name, Amen.
2 comments:
Marissa,
You don't know me but we have a mutual friend together. What I wanted to say is thanks for insite on forgiveness, I'm about to become divorced, and really its both of us doing it, but mostly its about forgiving each other for the wrongs done to each other. The biggest part of it is..who is going to forgive first, who is going to blink first. But anyways thanks..
Robert S.
Robert,
Thank you for your comment. I will be in prayer for you. Forgiveness is not something that comes easy at all. One of the most important things for us is that we understand that God gave us the ultimate forgiveness. If you have accepted Jesus as your personal savior, HE will give you what is needed to forgive. He conditions our hearts to be like His so that forgiveness can overwhelm us. I promise you, only because He does, that in TRULY Forgiving ourselves and those that hurt us, you will be overcome by a grace you have never known.
:)
In Him,
Marissa
Post a Comment