Sunday, January 9, 2011

2011

Well here we are, a new year. Does it feel like a new year? I am not so sure. It hasn't really felt like a "new" year yet. It has begun at an already rocky start. I have often felt that I am just being allowed to come up for a short breath then I am taken back down under. There have been times when it has felt as if I am drowning in what to do with the days tasks or "situations". Then here I am again to say.. BUT GOD.
Doesn't that answer any situation or question we may have? I mean what if there wasn't an answer to the thing that is dragging us down, where would we be? Where would we find hope? Would we have a reason to believe life is more than the "bad" circumstances that happen to us?
That is where I want to turn this year, again, to the "But God". To the answers that only God can and WILL give. To trusting Him to pull me through. And not JUST to pull me through, but to pull me through to a better outcome, to a better place than where I am today. What could be better than God's promises? Nothing! Maybe I need Beth Moore's session on "Back to Middle C" again. That was a great weekend in Richmond.
Ok, Ok, back to the focus.
Ok, so maybe 2010 was terrible, terrible things happened, went through having to relive my entire marriage, good and bad, and in/out of court for ridiculous reasons. 2011 is starting off rocky just dealing with life with kids and work and school. OK, so ??? Well I can either let it make me or I can take everything that comes and bring it to The Lord and allow Him to make me. He promises a life abundant, love, grace, mercy, help in our time of need, understanding, and many more things. I was given a book tonight of God's promises. I will add it to my list of reads this year.

I want to spend more time in God's word, watch less TV, read more, workout more, eat good, spend time with my kids, do well in school, and look for significance with work.
That is what I would like for 2011. I have a feeling there will be some bumps and maybe good surprises along our way this year, but no matter what will happen this year, God is God and He is in control.

So, I hope this entry has helped me to flush out any negativity that is seeping into my head and realizing that I know where to find comfort... in the arms of My Lord. He is the one thing in my life that has NEVER failed me, and I know He never will.

Psalm 46:1-3.. a reminder.

No comments: