I was reminded of so much today. It was just one of those days where I questioned so many things and not understanding why my children and I are being put in the place that we are. God reminded me of His words and He used others in my life to remind me as well.
I have two of the greatest sister-n-laws on the planet! Wonderful Christian women who are there for me no matter what. They both took time out of their day to encourage me and lift me up from the pit that I felt I was in.
I have often asked God "Why me?" "Why is it that you chose me to do the things that you want?" I find that I ask this because really what I am saying that what He is asking is too hard and I just want an easy life. He says in His word that if we keep it in our hearts He will recall it when we need it, and that is true. Today He recalled much scripture.
Moses was a meek man who just wanted a simple life with his family in the hillsides, but God had other plans. He did not feel as though he was a good speaker, but God made a way.
So I guess the better question we should ask is "Why NOT me?" If we are wanting a true fellowship with the living Lord Jesus, then why not us? Why not be the ones that stand for truth in a pit of lies? Why not be the ones who trust God even when the circumstance looks hopeless? Why not just trust what God is going to do and not what the world thinks? He has NEVER in the history of the world let anyone down! So why do we question Him when He allows us to go through trials and troubles?
I want to be able to automatically know that even when bad days happen, that in the end God wins and He gets the glory.
I think where I miss it is that my heart, mind and soul are not always lining up. I mean, we are called to have them all in line...see Luke 10:27. This is tough and anyone that just goes about their life saying they do this without any problems...welllll... I would wonder about them. Our enemy works in our minds, sometimes I think OVERTIME. It is the only place he can when your heart belongs to Christ. He wants us to doubt and feel as if God has left us and we are alone. That is the farthest thing from the truth. God NEVER leaves His children. He is there all the time. He is working constantly and He loves us so much. I sit and spend time just praying and talking with Him to try to understand and know what He wants from me and what He would have me do with my life. I know that all He ask is that I trust Him and know that He is everything I need.
There is so much suffering in this world. So many that follow the lies of satan and the world. So many that are blind and just do not know the truth because they can not and will not see it. I read a scripture that covers that perfectly. Jesus said ,"If a blind man leads a blind man, both will fall into a pit." Matt15:14
God's word never fails, as He reminds me today....
"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matt5:11-12
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner? So then, those who suffer according to God's will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good." 1Pet4:18-19
So when trials and persecution comes what are we who are in Christ to do? REJOICE my brother and sister, REJOICE!
And that does not mean rejoice only when you feel like it, it means do it even when it is the hardest thing to do.
With all the trials that continue to hit me, I do not feel any joy... that is the truth, BUT GOD is going to restore my joy and He will be victorious.
I am so very grateful for my wonderful family and friends that helped me to remember the "why not me" today. I am blessed to not just have a few of them, but hundreds...God is Great!!
No comments:
Post a Comment