Wednesday, September 10, 2008

New Day

Today and yesterday were kind of different or very emotional, up and down.

Sin can have such a strong hold on our lives and we not even realize it, especially for a lost person.
I have had several things shared with me today and yesterday:

"Marissa you are a good friend and person, you are so strong"
"I am glad to have you in my life.."
"I forget to tell the people how important they are to me, rest assured that I always thank God for you all!"
" we love you and are praying for you always"

These are just a few things and it is such a great reminder that God has blessed me so much!
Not only does He love me so much that He sent His son to die for my behalf, but He goes even farther to give me family , friends, church, and most importantly my two awesome kids!!! What a GREAT GOD!
I spent time just sitting on His lap , so to speak, yesterday just crying. I could feel Him soaking every tear, telling me that there is NOTHING that escapes His eyes....He sees it all and He will take care of everything. In His time.
Sometimes , a lot of times, I forget that and I want to see justice for those that hurt me right away. But I don't want that kind of heart. I want the heart that says, Marissa love them, they are just lost and without Christ they will die. Let them see Christ in me.
And how do we do that?? By living by His example everyday, every moment,..... which I am finding is VERY HARD! But He knows that I will not be able to and that is OK, as long as I know that HE IS ABLE.
I have to remember my life verse:
And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness," Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.2cor 12:9-10

Lord, be my strength today and everyday!
Thank you to all my friends, family ....you are truly a gift from God.

No comments: