Monday, July 14, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Well today is my 34th birthday, Praise The Lord for another year to live for Him!
As I reflect back on the last 12months I can't help but see how far Christ has brought me and where He is leading me.
One year ago began the trial that I am in , my husband of 9 years began another affair and now we are just weeks away from a divorce. I went through sadness and anger and so many other questions and emotions, but now I tell you that I am in a place that is so peaceful. I listened to the voice of my precious boys this morning as they sang "Happy Birthday" to me and I realized how very blessed I am.
Jesus has been so close to me through everything and He is the strength that I can not be.
I am on the path to forgiveness... the grace that I need to give to those that hurt me, regardless of what they do or say....because it is the commandment of The Lord and it is Him that I want to please.
I see those that are my enemies and I can't help but hurt for the pain they are feeling and will endure without Christ in their lives. Its all because they think that they have to "work" to be forgiven...and that is far from the truth. Grace is given FREELY and its undeserved...that is the definition. We have to come to the place that we realize we will never earn God's grace, that He sent Jesus here to pay the price and all we have to do is accept we are sinners and Jesus is the only way to God.
I am so grateful for my gift of salvation. That our Heavenly Father loved me that much and continues to love me!! I am in His hands and nothing can tear me from them.
Things didn't go as I had planned or even how I prayed, but I realize that my Father has a better plan and that He had to do this His way. Its not much different than raising my own children, I know better than them...as God knows better than me. I had prayed my marriage would be healed and my husband would come to know Jesus as his savior and its not how it turned out. I am not without hope though, I know God is still calling his name, now my prayer is that he hear Him and take hold of His hand. That he realize that he can not change himself, only Jesus can make us new.
Jeremy, a note to you... I love you and pray for you daily, I know you do not want me to and the place where you are in your life , you do not care. But I say this to you not for your sake but to be obedient to my Lord. He is so patient and He is ready to release you from your life of sin, you just have to trust Him and realize your need for Him. Know that your life will only decrease without Him. The world will lead you straight to a life eternally separated from God.
I am at peace that our marriage is over, but I will always love you as God commands, its not the love I had for you as my husband. We are still and will always be parents together. I pray for the day that we will be on the same page for the sake of our children. I really pray you will begin to think of them and how us not working together effects them. I will leave things at that and let you know no matter what you do and where you go , me, the boys and most importantly Jesus Christ love you and its not because you earned the love, but because He first loved us.
Here is to another year that Jesus will see me through.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEY! I have been out of the blog world for sooooo long and I FINALLY checked yours out! Love it! I also love the Lord and what he has done for you this year! I wish we could pray and receive everything we wanted but God doesn't always answer our prayers as we would have hoped for.