We watched "Letters To God" yesterday and what a great movie. Better than that, what a great story about an amazing child of God, Tyler. I will not give away the movie, since it is a must see, but I just wanted to share what it meant to me.
There was some comparison to the three struggling through a battle God allowed for them and my two children and me. I do not compare cancer with what we are dealing with, just the same vision God may have.
One of the characters talked about how God has "warriors" here to show others what He wants them to see. These warriors have strength He gives them to show others what He can do and how much love He has. Most of the world doesn't understand these struggles or battles these "warriors" may go through, but it is The Holy Spirit's job to move their hearts to see what God is doing. The world may even see these "struggles and battles" as a terrible thing and horrible that these warriors go through this...but God. But God, has a bigger plan and He sees it different. He tells us in His word that His ways are not our ways and His thoughts are not our thoughts. Tyler was a truly amazing child who just simply BELIEVED GOD. His faith spread to others simply by him sharing his letters, or prayers. He did not know who would see or read these letters and I do not believe that mattered to him. I believe he wrote them because it was his time with The Lord.
It touched my heart to see such faith and know that there are many that believe what Tyler believed, that God does have some of us on this earth to go through some of the hardest things of our lives only to see how He can work and the power of His love. People that live for the things of the world and search for peace and happiness through money, relationships, or power, will never know what it is to live for the power in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
I don't think I am anyone special or better than anyone else, or even a "warrior" by any stretch, but I know Jesus is and it is Him who lives in me, and if He has a purpose and a plan that includes me, I count myself blessed and loved beyond measure. I vowed that my life was His to do with what He needed, and that came with no conditions. So no matter the struggle, pain, or how hard it gets some days, I will BELIEVE God and Trust in Christ with all that I have. I am His and He is mine.
I have written in this blog for over 2 years and it was solely a way for me to write down the things of my life. I do not write anything here to hurt anyone. I write the facts of my life, from my view, period. I do not apologize for anything I have written or will write. There have been many things in my life both good and bad and I did not intend just to write the good. I am not a perfect person, will never claim to be. If we were perfect we would not need a savior in Jesus. This life is full of imperfections and some of us just choose to write to allow others to see that the bad can happen, but if you allow Jesus to work in your life, the good will come with abundant blessings in Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment